Most ICT related learning and job offers are located in urban areas. Thus, part of the rural population often faces accessibility limitations that make it impossible for them to interact and participate in learning activities in the fields of information technology, electronics and robotics.
In this context emerges the need for E-DESIGN: European Digital Education for Social Inclusion and Global Neighbourhood European Project.
• Creation of learning offers and activities that lead digital education to rural areas, thereby promoting the importance and impact of digital skills for the future of Industry 4.0;
• Increase social inclusion of individuals that come from disadvantaged backgrounds, including not only residents from rural areas, but also refugees and migrants;
• Increase awareness on the importance of digital education and the opportunities that stem from it.
• Elaboration of a Handbook and an e-learning platform with recommendations and instructions for a successful implementation of learning activities based on the good practices and results obtained throughout the project;
• Implementation of at least four “Training Hotspots”, which will constitute learning offers and activities in the field of ICT;
• Organisation of competitions between teams participating in Training Hotspots.
For more information, visit the project’s webpage: http://www.e-designproject.eu/
Support for Policy Reform
Zentrum Arbeit Und Umwelt Giessener Gemeinnutzige Berufsbildungsgesellschaft Mit Beschrankter Haftung (Germany – Coordinator);
C.I.P. Citizens in Power (Cyprus);
Codedoor.Org EV (Germany);
CEPROF – Centros Escolares de Ensino Profissional, Lda (Portugal);
Centro Per Lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy);
Eyropaiko Institoyto Topikhs Anaptykshs (Greece);
Kauno Kolegija (Lithuania)